market-farming - [Market-farming] volunteer tomato

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] volunteer tomato
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 09:17:21 -0500

Regards to the list:

We have a volunteer tomato plant growing under our mailbox. It came up in
gravel through a hole in a painted truck wheel that supports the mailbox. It
is blooming right now. I am hoping to get a ripe tomato from it to save the
seed from such a hardy creature. Is there any way to protect this plant from
the coming cold weather so that it will bear fruit and ripen? Suggestions,
please!

Marie in Missouri