market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] White Rot

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] White Rot
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 18:45:43 +0000

Hattie,

We actually tried Contans early on.  Kentucky State University was able to get sample amounts for research.  We found it to have no effect at all even though the research from Europe is very promising. Solarizing has worked best for us, although mustard has an effect as well, just not much as the solarizing.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm
Sent from my iPad

 There is also a biological control made in Germany called Contans.  I have not been able to find it in a quantity that would work for my small space.  You may be able to find a larger farmer who is using it and try to get a small amount from them.  I had no luck with the company itself and asked them for samples, etc. and they could not help.  The product is also OMRI approved.  They have a facebook page.

Hattie Allen
Hattie's Garden
Lewes, DE 1995