market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sprayer for Surround

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sprayer for Surround
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 14:57:48 -0400

Caution before using Solo backpack sprayer for Surround: Somewhere in the Surround info or in the sprayer info (I've forgotten where) it says that if you use Surround with sprayers with a certain type of , erm, piston valve? material, then the valve should be disassembled, cleaned and regreased with petroleum jelly or something. otherwise the valve gets worn out. Sorry I haven't got the whole info, nor the time to find it, but do read the small print. I used Surround in ours once, followed all the cleaning directions, then decided it was too much work each time, and got a cheaper (yard sale) sprayer to use just with Surround.

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA