market-farming - [Market-farming] Réf : Re: vegetables that should not be hilled?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lova Andriamanjay" <lova.andriamanjay AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Réf : Re: vegetables that should not be hilled?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:35:05 -0400

I read thé onions might not like to be hilled too much because it could cause rot if thé developping bulb is buried under wet soil.

Lova

Le 21 juin 2011 15:08, sunnfarm AT netscape.com <sunnfarm AT netscape.com> a écrit :

Only potatoes need hilling to make the crop. We generally use hillers as a way to cover over weeds that grow in the row. Shallow hilling can eliminate one or two hand hoeings in most vegetable crops. Now that I use herbicides I seldom hill anymore. But it is a good option to have on hand when weed get by you... Bob.