market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spinosad

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Florence <sweetvalleyorganics AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spinosad
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:53:02 -0600

Please remove me from the list. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org> wrote:

Mike (idyllwild farm)

Sorry for the long delay. Bogged down with garlic harvesting, weed control, etc etc.

Yes, we get good results with the home garden spinosad. Actually at a conference I was at last winter, a speaker (forgotten who!) said that Spinosad works at a more diluted level than advertised. Naturally the manufacturers want to sell the stuff. Also they may be catering to people who want every last bug killed for sure, rather than organic types who can tolerate seeing a bug or two from time to time. This year we used the minimum level suggested on the product from Seven Springs Farm and it worked well.

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, Louisa, VA