market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 101, Issue 33

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <deb AT mobiusfields.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 101, Issue 33
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:31:08 -0400

Yup, that's it, Richard.  Thanks!

Glad they're doing some good; I can use all the help I can get with the weeds.

Deb

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com> wrote:
Deb,
You are describing the 'false potato beetle', which is related to CPB.
 We most commonly see it on horse nettle, it's preferred plant.  Brief
search did not turn up Canada Thistle as a preferred plant.
Online images, such as Google Images, show pics of the off-white
larvae, and the slight differences between the two types of adults.

Richard Moyer
SW VA, thankful for a sustained, moderate rain