market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] snap clips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] snap clips
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:12:30 -0400

On 6/9/2011 at 12:07:46 PM, Cary Peterson wrote:
> We buy wholesale directly from the company that makes them.
> http://www.snapclamp.com/

I've been trying out the metal clamps sold for attaching EMT to a wall. They
clip on to
the tubing, and have either one or two flanges projecting from them. They are
about a
nickel apiece if you buy them by the box. The bad news is they do tend to
tear the fabric
where it slips under the clamp. I've been clipping only to the bottom of the
hoop, where a
small tear isn't so problematic. The good news is they do a great job of
keeping the
fabric taught and in place, even in big winds. They are far superior to my
usual milk jugs
with rocks in this regard. They are very easy to put on and take off, and
they are
small--small enough you can pop a whole row's worth in your pocket. Can't say
that about
my milk jugs.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/