market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] How are our Arkansas and Oklahoma folks?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] How are our Arkansas and Oklahoma folks?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 02:56:33 GMT

We're OK. We are about 17 miles east of I-35 which is where the "dry line"
always sets up. We got the wind, but no tornadoes. More wind today. Gusting
to near 60 mph off and on all day. I had transplanted about 170 tomato
plants last week, and this non stop wind has snapped nearly every one of them
off. We were hoping for some early tomatoes, but that won't happen now.
Luckily these were some I was just playing around with, and the "real"
tomatoes are still in the greenhouse.
I did manage to harvest some lettuce for market tomorrow. It was interesting
to say the least. Cut a head, put it in my lug, and a few seconds later it
would be blowing across the field. We played that game for many hours today.
Oklahoma. You gotta love it.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Groupon&#8482 Official Site
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city&#39;s best!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4da9059fd8632670b4st02duc