market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Health Department

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Health Department
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:10:29 -0700 (PDT)

We had an individual with an enclosed trailer, that he insulated really well.  He ran an AC unit with a Cool Bot attached and then ran a really small generator during the market. In fact, he left the generator in the back of the truck and drove down the road with it.  The generator was very small and you barely heard it run, even when you stood right next to it!

He said when he was at home, he just parked the trailer in his shed and plugged it in. It was more like a mobile walk in cooler!

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com