market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cover for germination & seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cover for germination & seedlings
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:11:29 -0500

On 3/11/2011 at 1:10:00 PM, Samish Heirlooms Farm wrote:
> I use chrome wire racks for germination and seedlings in my greenhouse and
> have a vinyl cover that was for a rack that was a bit larger than the one I
> use (mine is 18" deep, 48" wide and 72" tall). I have been trying to source
> a cover that fits some new racks I got from Costco that are the same size,
> without luck.
> I believe I saw one in a seed catalog I received but the catalog got thrown
> away before I could order one. Does anyone know where I might find a cover
> that fits these racks? They are the perfect size--four 1020 trays fit on
> each shelf and adding a rope light under each shelf gives me bottom heat and
> the cover makes it nice and cozy for seed germination and a place to hold
> young seedlings.

try a search on "plant rack replacement cover" (without quotes). You might
think
about making one from spare pieces of greenhouse plastic instead--the covers
are
likely to be manufacturer-specific and unreasonably priced.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm
www.hopestill.com