market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers' markets sell 'supermarket' foods

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Sunday Times: Farmers' markets sell 'supermarket' foods
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:08:05 +0000

Hmmm....interesting thought. Are we sure it has not yet been done? And, then
how do "we", whoever we is, decide "who" can use it?

I agree, it would be wonderful to have some control, but the 'guvmint'
doing it is scary. Ten years is a long time to wait for a definition of
'local' or 'farmers market'. And, although California seems to do some of
thus, in our state, I am pretty sure that the "powers" don't understand
themselves the difference. It just is never easy, is it?

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

Sent from my iPad