market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] lables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] lables
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:53:33 -0800

> Hi -
>
> We are finally getting around to placing some of our winter greens for
> sale
> in a local health food store.
>
> I want to put a nice colorful branded label on each bag (will be zip-lock
> freezer bags)
>
> I think I'll be using a square label, probably around 4x4.
>
> I don't think I've ever heard this mentioned before, but am I supposed to
> use 'weatherproof' labels?

I tried everything and found virtually everything printed from a computer
would run when damp. For the last several years I print labels on my
Canon MP510. Ink is pricey but lasts a very long time and comes out to
.08 per page with 6 or more labels per page. I just cut them out with a
paper cutter and stick them on with clear packing tape. If the entire
label is covered it won't run and they stick on really well....even on
ziplocks in the freezer.
Sora

  • Re: [Market-farming] lables, sora, 02/18/2011