market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] how to upload files to the list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] how to upload files to the list
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:37:41 -0600

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 03:06:20PM -0500, KAKerby AT aol.com wrote:
> Is there a way to upload a pdf file to the list such that I can share
> something
> with the group? Or do I just attach it to an email? It's my holiday
> present
> to everyone. :)
> Kathryn Kerby
> frogchorusfarm.com

All you need do is upload it to your website (or some public and free
file sharing service) and then post the URL to the list. Those that
want to see it could take a look. Those that don't will not be
burdened with the download.

Be aware that any attachment you were able to put with your message
would go individually to each and every list subscriber. Probably
somewhere in the range of 1,000 - 1,500. Bad enough that you send
html. If the list allowed voluminous attachments, it would have far
fewer subscribers. Including myself.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 103 days 12 hours 35 minutes