market-farming - [Market-farming] cherry tomato reply

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Farmer John" <1toolquip AT westnet.com.au>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] cherry tomato reply
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 12:57:36 +0800

I grow two varieties of grape tomatoes  for the wholesale markets and 3 weekend farmers markets.

Pink Panther - pink  grape
Festival -  gold grape

I mix them up in large boxes  for the farmers markets and they seem to sell faster that way  due to the mix in color.

I would love to find a Brown or chocolate grape  or if anyone out there knows  of where to look for new grape varieties.  Red is boring.
John