market-farming - [Market-farming] Cherry Tomato Variety Results

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cherry Tomato Variety Results
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:22:35 -0600

Much earlier in the year, Jay mentioned several cherry type tomatoes he was
going to try this year. I was wondering how they turned out? Especially the
Isis candy? Any one else with any suggestions for interesting colors to add
next year?

From our experience here's what did well & did not do well:

Good:

Sun Gold
Super Sweet 100
White currant
Snow White
Juliet

Late the party, but eventually good producers:
Green grape
Black cherry

Won't grow again:
Pearly Pink - just not impressed with the flavor

Kim
Barking Cat Farm
Texas zones 7 & 8