market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Big biz attempts to stop exemptions for smallfarmers....SB510

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin Follette" <list AT seasonseatingsfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Big biz attempts to stop exemptions for smallfarmers....SB510
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:57:13 -0500

Robin

Robin Follette
Seasons Eatings Farm
Talmadge ME 04492

Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:34 AM

I'd like to see a link to an actual news article siting sources on this one.  I've tried searching for something that hints to the information contained in this email and have yet to find it.

One of the reasons I question it is that SB.510 regulates interstate commerce and constitutionally speaking the federal government cannot regulate agriculture within the State unless the agriculture impedes on issues like (for instance) Interstate Waterways and the pollution of waterways.

I am by no means a fan of SB.510 since I think it will push large scale commercial agriculture into the few remaining unregulated markets (grains mainly) or out of the country where regulation and inspection is FAR worse.

Stuff like this though does not help a logical and informed discourse regarding the matter.

We need to see the original letter (why quote just part, lets see the context) and I'd like to see multiple sources that I can read without having to be a member.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855