market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Turnip and Greens prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: mdbrabo AT att.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Turnip and Greens prices
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:06:08 -0400

Thanks, Mike!

Not only for staying on topic, but also for giving such great - - and real - - information.

-Allan in WV where we expect the first frost and, maybe, freeze tonight and where the major weather warning is FIRE DANGER

Here is the pricing we sell at in the St Louis area.
Red Russian; Lacinato/Tuscan kale; Collards; Mustard Greens
Farmer's Market $4/lb
Wholesale & restaurants $3.25/lb
On farm $2.50/lb

Baby Beets; turnips; large radishes all with greens
Farmer's Market $3/lb
Wholesale & restaurants $2.50/lb
On farm $2.00/lb

Pricing for 86 year aunt Maimie is 10 cents/lb plus a 1gal tub of cooked greens with hamhocks. She won't take them for free. Now THAT'S great eatin'.
Mike
Vesterbrook Farm
Clarksville MO