market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] one of the problems with reporting on scientific issues NYTimes.com

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pamela Crowe <sustainableharvestsc AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] one of the problems with reporting on scientific issues NYTimes.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:23:23 -0400

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Leigh Hauter <bullrunfarm AT hughes.net> wrote:
Mike,

Maybe I'm misreading the nyt article but I noticed when a reporter friend forwarded the article to me last Friday that besides the long out take on how the reporter finds it interesting that the military and private researchers are working together, that the article actually doesn't say the virus and the fungus cause ccd.

The way I read it is that the virus and fungus when combined kill the bees. That doesn't negate that certain pesticides/chemicals might be causing a disposition toward getting the virus and/or fungus. This is basic info, but there is still a lot of additional research to be done.

Pam
SC