market-farming - [Market-farming] Never Waste a Good Disaster!!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <txbeefarmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Never Waste a Good Disaster!!!
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:30:57 -0500

"Never Waste a Good Disaster" is the mantra of a lot of politicians, legislators, and regulators.  You can bet your bottom dollar they will take advantage of this latest disaster (the egg recall and salmonella problem) to further their agendas.  I see lots of changes in the futures of egg producers - changes the will certainly adversely affect small farmers.  We too can adopt the mantra of "Never Waste a Good Disaster" to promote the benefits of small farms, grass/pasture fed chicken eggs, and the security advantages of buying local.  It would take about 2 seconds to figure out how to solve this kind of problem if the eggs or produce were from local small farms.

I find the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund really keeps track of legislative and regulatory issues affecting small farmers.  You might want to give them a look see.  I'm not affiliated with them in any way.  I'm not even a member.  However, I do subscribe to their email alerts - really good info!   http://www.ftcldf.org/

Thanks
Mark Coldiron
The Coldiron Farm

  • [Market-farming] Never Waste a Good Disaster!!!, TxBeeFarmer, 08/23/2010