market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Planting late potatoes in July-August

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Planting late potatoes in July-August
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:06:31 +0000

There’s also the option of planting in high tunnels, targeting either Thanksgiving and/or Christmas sales.  We had fabulous sales just before Christmas last year, AND, it gave us really nice potatoes to eat well into late spring.  So much nicer than summer grown unless you have perfect storage conditions.  And, we charged a very high price for them, and limited sales to make sure we had plenty for ourselves.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm