market-farming - [Market-farming] Predator Urine and Deer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ken Bezilla <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Predator Urine and Deer
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:50:22 +0000

Anyone used predator pee to deter deer and other animals?

We tried some out 3 years ago when critters were starting to munch on our melons and corn.  I was skeptical of it working... but it actually did, the nibbling started as soon as it started.

Problem is, I can't remember what brand we used.  I remember it as being a 4-pack of different animals' urine (mountain lion, coyote, wolf, etc.)  And since the stuff is expensive, I'm trying not to make a blind purchase... but want to get some soon, we're starting to see some munching going on with our southern peas -- deer population has been up again this last year!!

Ken Bezilla
Acorn Community Farm
central VA