market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sources of organic fertilizer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: charlie taplin <vthick43 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sources of organic fertilizer
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 10:10:51 -0400

HI,
I am not in Ohio but have worked in the organic fertilizer business for 20 yrs.(before it was cool) and here are some choices.  From your soil test get some fertilizer business to make you a mix from your soil test. (no extras in this)
some  ingredients: sulfate of potash, soft rock phosphate, black rock phosphate, sul-po-mag. pelletitized lime
(for a filler) there are more products out there and your area may have different organic approved ingredients.
I have for years used Neptunes Harvest as a foliar feed on my gardens and hay, corn, grains and soybeans, and for a liquid starter. some foliar fed mixes: fish/seaweed, molasses,soil bacteria this is the one I use the most. I try to get
the soil in balance in the fall with a dry mix and then foliar feed.  Hope this is of some help.

Charlie at Floating Bridge Organics