market-farming - [Market-farming] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Call for vendors @ a Brooklyn Farmer's Market: cheeses, honey, baked goods, meat, etc

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <growbd AT aol.com>
  • To: wltfarmnet AT yahoogroups.com, Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Call for vendors @ a Brooklyn Farmer's Market: cheeses, honey, baked goods, meat, etc
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 00:41:33 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily Vaughn <emily AT slowfoodusa.org>
To: comfood AT elist.tufts.edu
Sent: Wed, May 26, 2010 10:47 pm

See message below from one of the coordinators of the Bed Stuy/Brooklyn Rescue Mission Farmers Market.

Thx,
Emily

Hello Everyone!
We are in the midst of preparing for our Farmer's Market which will
open for the season in July. We are reaching out to you in the hopes
that some of you might know some farmers or venders who are certified
to sell at a market (meaning their products are made out of a kitchen
certified by the Department of Health).
So, products we are looking for: baked goods, cheeses, honey, and
frozen organic meat that is USDA approved.
In terms of farmers, we are seeking those who practice organic or
natural farming.
Please pass the word along to anyone you may know who may be able to
contribute to the farmer's market in this fashion, or who may know
someone else who does. Anyone who would like to contact us can get in
touch with Reverend Robert at brooklynrescue@msn.com. Thanks ahead!

--
emily vaughn
biodiversity program manager