market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Carrot Germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Carrot Germination
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 11:51:57 -0500

Five or six years back my wife, Valerie covered the carrots with barn boards after sowing. A week later she took the boards up and we had little wiggly carrot stems everywhere! She doesn't remember why she tried it, but we use this every year now. Excellent germination percentage and a good stand of carrots. We sow by hand, 5 rows in a 30" wide raised bed.

Mike