market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Strawberries in High tunnels?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler AT lrec.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Strawberries in High tunnels?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:43:37 -0500

I know absolutely nothing about it, but I've gotten some catalogs recently that show red plastic under strawberries and tomatoes. Ads tout ripening effects. You might look into it. Where we are (Oklahoma) many growers are growing strawberries as an annual--planting in the fall, growing through the winter, picking in the spring and then tilling in.

--Leslie