market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] compost pile ideas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Zachary Mathes <zwmathes AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] compost pile ideas
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 23:51:20 -0500

 the problem is I have these horribly invasive
rhizomes of grass (canary reed, quack, etc.)

You could try solarizing your compost yard with clear plastic directly on the ground.  This works better in summer time, but I was thinking you may be able to do it now and see faster results if you put the clear plastic on the ground, and then put plastic low tunnels over it.