market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting Leeks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting Leeks
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:38:08 GMT

Hi Jay,
I hope you recover quickly. I use a dibble that I ordered from Johnny's seed.
I planted 10 bunches of leeks pretty quick with that. Hubby tilled the
ground, and I poked holes and planted. It was quicker for me to dibble the
holes first, then go back and plant. But, if you've got helpers one can
dibble and the other plant. It rained on me soon after so I let the rain firm
the plants in.
I use the dibble on lots of things all the time. It comes in handy for so
many things that I have just a little bit of, and certainly not enough to
mess with hooking up the tractor. When my 7 year old is home he likes to poke
the holes for me, so I'm sure your kids will love "helping".
I'm getting ready to go dibble right now. I've got one flat of green onions
to put in and no helpers here today!
Carla
Perkins, OK Sunny and 62! High today of 80 windy like you wouldn't believe
though.

Refinance Now 4.0% FIXED!
$160,000 Mortgage for $633/mo. Free. No Obligation. Get 4 Quotes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4bb21b35bc882b6b2st06duc

  • Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting Leeks, cjmaness AT juno.com, 03/30/2010