market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cash box

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cash box
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:38:23 -0800 (PST)

This is what I use.  My parents had an old grocery store register. I unbolted the register from the cash drawer below.  Now I have a nice, strong cash drawer.  It has space for all the bills and change.  There is a little lever on the bottom that opens the drawer.  I attached a piece of wire to that so I can open it up.  Usually, I have a short bungee cord attached to the drawer so I can keep it about an inch open when I am really busy.

This also doubles as a place to put my scales.

Check out a business supply store and ask if they have any old cash drawers.  Since I started using this, several other vendor have done the same thing.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com