market-farming - [Market-farming] Cold Frame Advice Sought

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cold Frame Advice Sought
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:46:21 -0600

On Mar 1, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Marty Kraft wrote:

I am building a 4X8 foot cold frame and might need to keep it warm at night. I have some horse manure that was put into garbage bags about 8 months ago. I was thinking of mixing it with dry leaves and letting it work under my flats. I don't know if the manure is too old or how much to use and what kind of temperatures my cool season plants will tolerate in the frame. The plants were grown to about 5-6 inches indoors under fluorescent lights.

Any information about this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Marty in Kansas City