market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] GAP

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Zachary Mathes <zwmathes AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] GAP
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:06:26 -0600

Hi Nancy,

from Wikipedia:

"Good Agricultural Practices are a collection of principles to apply for on-farm production and post-production processes, resulting in safe and healthy food and non-food agricultural products, while taking into account economical, social and environmental sustainability."

I'm not sure of what specific bill they were referring to, but it may have been H.R. 2749, S. 510, or S.2758
Also, your local extension office will have more information on GAP.

Zac Mathes