market-farming - [Market-farming] Barrel stoves

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dave" <avw1 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Barrel stoves
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 06:46:56 -0500

I have used double barrel stoves for heat in my shop for thirty years now.

I put a piece of sheet metal in the top barrel -- need one with a removal lid--

and it goes from the back to 6 or 8 inches from the front and that way get way

more heat out of the stove.  You need a damper in the stove pipe above the

top barrel and you should use one of those magnetic stick on chimney

thermometer.

Dave Rogers  in the Adirondacks Zone 4