market-farming - [Market-farming] stoves

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Meredith <meredith848 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] stoves
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:12:55 -0800 (PST)

I have seen cast iron door kits for barrels. Thats what you want to resist
the heat....

Michael

use a single barrel Vogelzang with a 2 foot square pan cut into the top for
boiling

Maple Syrup. The barrel metal heated and puckered between the door frame
bolts

allowing a lot of extra air in, you might want to keep an eye on it, not a
huge safety factor but

will cut your burn time way down. I add some big fender washers inside on all
the bolts, will see haw that

works.

If you have an exhaust fan on a thermostat; MAKE SURE, it cannot switch on if
it gets hot when the

wood fire is running with the building shut up tight. It will pull a draft
down the chimney and melt the

stove, and possibly the house.

MAsteveINE

  • [Market-farming] stoves, Michael Meredith, 01/30/2010