market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] transplanting corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] transplanting corn
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:18:13 GMT

We transplanted corn for the first time last year.We never could imagine
making enough money on corn to make it worthwhile, but when you hit that
early market...We decided it was worth it after all. We've been transplanting
our okra for a few years now and really like having a uniform stand and much
earlier harvest. The down side with okra, at least for us, is it starts
bearing when it is about knee high. You stay permanently bent over after
that! Last year we were a little late getting the okra out, and the plants
were a little taller than we would have liked. We had one of our infamous 60
mph winds come through and it bent the okra over. Then, it grew straight
again, so we had a harder time picking than we normally would have. The
plants were sort of "S" shaped. My back will never be the same again.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Diet Help
Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=ti53fzg1jKjqMFpGRcBrLAAAJz1IpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYQAAAAAA=

  • Re: [Market-farming] transplanting corn, cjmaness AT juno.com, 01/26/2010