market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Donating excess produce to Food banks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Donating excess produce to Food banks
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:16:06 -0800

I did some tax prep for Farm Credit two winters ago and their training manual
specifically stated that market value of a farm product you produce(d) was
not deductible. If you think about it, you would have already deducted or
will deduct the expense of growing your crop; at least, if you file a Form
1040F, you do.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522