market-farming - [Market-farming] BCS snowblower?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] BCS snowblower?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:45:16 -0500

I need to get a snowblower for the winter, both for the driveway and to keep
the snow away from the sides of our soon-to-be-hoophouse. I have a BCS 732.
Do any of you have the snowblower attachment, and can you comment on how well
it works? I am slightly concerned that the blower will work only when the
tractor is in gear--ie, you lose power when you pull on the clutch handle,
potentially a problem for heavy snow. On the other hand, in 1st gear, I can
imagine that may not be big problem. Thoughts and advice?

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/