market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] gibberellic acid, was spinach

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] gibberellic acid, was spinach
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:29:32 -0700

You can buy Progibb.  in quarts for around $65. A quart treats 4 acres. Roughly a teaspoon per gallon treats 1000 square feet. I have not used it on spinach but I have used it in the greenhouse on flowers to encourage stem enlongation... Bob.

I've heard that gibberellic acid is tricky to use, that you can use too much without too much trying. Is that true, and is it as expensive as I've heard it is?

Dave
West Virginia