market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Wintery market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BillOhio <billohio AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Wintery market
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:03:55 -0400

HOLY COW, Phil! That sounds like a whole new set of challenges and opportunities. We've never been as drowned as we've gotten golfing or at the market, and we've had days where we huddled around a stove in a box trailer eating beans and waiting for customers, but I've never been in a snowstorm. It's interesting that the customers kept coming regardless--over here a day that looks like rain is generally noticeably slower for sales.

We had the last few bushels of tomatoes for the year at the market today and some baby lettuce along with lots of peppers and some eggplant that hadn't given up the ghost just yet. All in all, it was a good day. Our market plans to go through the 31st but with the cold weather we're already having, that seems optimistic.

Bill Huhman
central Ohio
twitter: FarmerBillOhio