market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bagged Salad Mix Regulations
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:52:35 -0400

I'll echo the state by state rules that Rivka mentioned. The other point to consider is whether you are trying to sell the mix as ready to eat or not. If it is ready to eat, it will most likely be considered a processed food and fall under a whole different set of regulations than if it is sold as fresh produce needing to be washed before use.
This isn't a market you should enter unless you know what the rules are.
Andy