market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Question about a small tractor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barbara Dieckman <barbara.dieckman AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Question about a small tractor
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:15:08 -0400

We had a Satoh Bison and found parts to be a huge problem

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM, jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com> wrote:
I market garden on a small 1/3-1/2 acre.  There is an auction coming up that has a small Satoh Bison 25 HP tractor.  It has a small loader with it. The tires are in good condition.  I know that there maybe some replacement parts problems as there may not be a local dealer. I am looking into that.

I have access to to a one bottom plow, disc, mower and much more.

However, the size of the tractor is perfect for my garden. It would be able to work on individual beds and not disturb the next rows.

What are they worth?  Are they worthless?  Just curious if anyone has had any experience with one.

Thanks,
Jay