market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tillage tools

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tillage tools
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:47:00 EDT

I have a good friend that has on of those China tractors and it is a night mare getting parts for it, so be careful if you go that way.  I have a TC45DA New Holland and a TC 25 both hydrostat and have had excellent service out of both of them.  Down the road you may want to do plastic mulch and a mulch lifter takes quite a bit of HP to make it work right, so don't get to small a tractor.  The hydrostat is very necessary if you ever get a transplanter, we use some 4" spacing with our water wheel transplanter and you have to drive extremely slow to get this done.  We went from gear drive tractors to hydro's.

Phil from wet western Iowa