market-farming - [Market-farming] Colorado Potato Beetle

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Colorado Potato Beetle
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 10:10:23 -0400

Last year and this, we used Spinosad - there are OMRI acceptable versions. Spray in early morning or evening, as it's toxic to bees (not that bees are very interested in potatoes). Repeat if needed, within 7 days. I think the Action Level is 10 adults orĀ  400 (?) larvae per 100 random plants. Unlike Bt, Spinosad also kills the adult beetles and the big fat larvae.

Pam, Twin Oaks, central Virginia, zone 7

  • [Market-farming] Colorado Potato Beetle, Pam Twin Oaks, 05/31/2009