market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Settle a family debate!!!!!!!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Settle a family debate!!!!!!!!
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:48:12 -0400

>I wonder if the fast crisping response of the greens may be partly because
they are still alive and are within their lifespan's range of accustomed
temperatures and were organically grown so may have more capacity for
resistance to stress.

Our temps are still cool yet (60s at night/70s day) so cooling wasn't as bad
an issue today as I'd expected. We've had soo much rain that that helped
too. Everything is fresh, crisp, cool and ready to be sold! I can't
believe this one planting of lettuce has held sooo long. Even the stuff
that's thinking about bolting is still sweet and tender.

Liz
Horseshoe Gardens