market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fly Prevention

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Suzi Bernhard <ssb005 AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fly Prevention
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:44:28 -0500

We tried ziplock baggies partway full of water at Camp for fly prevention.  They didn't work at all in a humid Iowa climate, but one of our staff said that they worked very well in the dry climate of Arizona.
It must depend on the type of fly that you have, or how used to prevention methods they are.
Throughout the years we have tried just about everything for flies, and they are pretty wise to our ways.

Suzi Bernhard
Northeast Iowa

  • Re: [Market-farming] Fly Prevention, Suzi Bernhard, 05/04/2009