market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] new topic : End of Farmers Markets?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] new topic : End of Farmers Markets?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:33:39 -0400

There have been a lot of rumors going around about HR 875. One place to go for a better informed discussion of the actual situation is the following:

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/food/foodsafety/background-on-h-r-875

I also replied to this list before during an earlier discussion on this subject, on March 16th, if you want to check the archives for that post.

While there are some genuine reasons to be concerned about the actual language of federal legislation on this subject (not all of it in H.R. 875, either), I think that we're more likely to be able to affect this legislation if comments sent in on it are based on what's actually in the bills in question, rather than on the rumors.