market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Solar

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Solar
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:05:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Wow! Sora, I wish I knew how to go "solar" like you! Will you recommend a
> book on what to do and how to do it? I would like to have a solar thing to
> put on the electric golf cart that we use getting around in the gardens.
> Above all that, I would like to get off the grid and thumb my nose at the
> electric co-op here (they like to lord it over all of us). I feel like I
> must have been asleep in the woods for the last 25 years!
>
> Marie in Missouri
Well....Good Morning...I haven't paid an electricity bill in decades...
For a good primer check out Backwoodssolar.com The original owner helped
us out in 1980. Steve Wiley retired a few years back and turned his
company over to several of his apprentices. His operation is awesome and
their catalog and website is now a basic manual on off-grid life.
Good luck! Sora

  • Re: [Market-farming] Solar, sora, 04/07/2009