market-farming - [Market-farming] Demographic Studies For Rural Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Debbie Moore <caverdjmoore AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Demographic Studies For Rural Markets
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:04:54 +0000

Hello All -

We are trying to figure out where to best spend our advertising $$. Our
demographics put us the lowest county in Ohio *outside* of our Appalachia
area, so that says where we are economically, educationally, etc. Since we
are on the side of the state *opposite* Appalachia, we wouldn't be able to
use any of the programs used there, but maybe we could model them. Our
biggest question is (right now), where does our Board look to see if studies
have already been done about farmers market customers in these areas and how
we best advertise to them?

Thanks,

DebM
west central Ohio

Internet Explorer 8 – Now Available. Faster, safer, easier.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/141323790/direct/01/