market-farming - [Market-farming] ants in the greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz" <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ants in the greenhouse
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:56:17 -0400

How do y'all stifle the flood??  We're doing extensive clean-up around the outsides of the greenhouses but it will be awhile before everything is totally cleaned up.  The ants have gotten worse in the past few days with the advent of warm temps.  My first thought was aphids but there's very little growing in the greenhouses so very few aphids (lots of seedlings but that's about it and they're 99% aphid-free).

Liz
Horseshoe Gardens.com
Hillsville VA
zone 6b/7a