market-farming - [Market-farming] Seed Germination?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marlin Burkholder" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Seed Germination?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:44:12 -0500

I planted two varieties of cabbage(seed about 2 years old) in the same germination flat. One variety came up vigorous and happy. The other germinated somewhere between 50 and 75%. What did come up looks like it was sprayed with chlorine bleach. Definately not a soil problem as I was using from the same freshly mixed batch. Could this be caused by seed too old or would there be pathology in the seed?

Marlin Burkholder
VA