market-farming - [Market-farming] Re; CSA Prep

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Frank Ventura <frank.dragonflyfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: kampy AT grm.net
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re; CSA Prep
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:40:51 -0500

Thanks Marie. Your method seems to be the one that makes the most sense logically. Although as this grows I can see a box being more effective to stack. Do you have the subscribers return the bags for re-use?

I am not to concerned about the difference in what a subscriber gets to what is for sale on the table. We intend to give priority to our subscribers. So if they are not getting something that's on the table it's because they have had it from previous weeks and they would have been notified of what they are getting via the email newsletter. We intend to have good communications with the subscribers via newsletters.

Now market customers seeing what subscribers get is another issue...at some markets we can hide that. At others maybe not.

With four market a week we don't really have time to make another trip to deliver on another day and are too far away to get many on farm subscribers.

  • [Market-farming] Re; CSA Prep, Frank Ventura, 01/18/2009