market-farming - [Market-farming] zip code

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marilee Backstrand" <MBackstrand AT csc-pipe.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] zip code
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:10:32 -0600

Greetings to all!

We have been "lurking" for years and greatly enjoy this group.  This year we are looking to increase our volume of vegetables enough to actually call ourselves vegetable farmers.  So I guess we're entitled to share a zip code - 53504, near Monroe, WI.  Our farm is called Timothy Ridge - we're perched on the top of a hill and can drop ten degrees in temperature from the top to the bottom of our land.  (We'll try garden strips at top and bottom to see how we can use the differences to our benefit.)

Anyone have experience with a farmers' coop for vegetables in Southwest Wisconsin?  We sell at Farmers' Market (Beloit) but would like an easier market for vegetables when they come in bulk.

Marilee Backstrand (and Brian Backstrand, Vicar at St. Andrew's Church in Monroe)

  • [Market-farming] zip code, Marilee Backstrand, 12/29/2008